About the Area
All the creativity and innovation takes place at our offices across Knowsley in Merseyside.
Merseyside is a metropolitan county in North West England, with a population of 1.38 million. It encompasses the metropolitan area centred on both banks of the lower reaches of the Mersey Estuary, and comprises five metropolitan boroughs: Knowsley, St Helens, Sefton, Wirral, and the city of Liverpool. Merseyside.
Merseyside spans 249 square miles (645 km2) of land which border Lancashire (to the north-east), Greater Manchester (to the east), Cheshire(to the south and south-east) and the Irish Sea to the west. North Wales is across the Dee Estuary. There is a mix of high density urban areas, suburbs, semi-rural and rural locations in Merseyside, but overwhelmingly the land use is urban. It has a focused central business district, formed by Liverpool City Centre, but Merseyside is also a polycentric county with five metropolitan districts, each of which has at least one major town centre and outlying suburbs. The Liverpool Urban Area is the fifth most populous conurbation in England, and dominates the geographic centre of the county, while the smaller Birkenhead Urban Area dominates the Wirral Peninsula in the south.
- Jobs in Knowsley have increased by 10% since 2009 – the highest rate of growth in the Liverpool City Region.
- Home to more than 3700 businesses with over 75% of businesses planning to expand within the next 3 years.
- Strategically located between 2 International Airports and over 7 million people live within an hour’s drive of Knowsley.
- There are 12 universities and thousands of graduates within an hour of Knowsley.
- Aiming to build more than 8,000 new homes by 2028.
- Entrepreneurial activity in Knowsley is high - business start up rates here have doubled in the last 10 years.
- Knowsley is the advanced manufacturing powerhouse of the Liverpool City Region- more than 1 in 3 jobs in this sector are based here.
- Knowsley employers have access to a wide and skilled talent pool of 970,000 working age people and a further six million people are within a hour commute of Knowsley.
- 25% of jobs are in manufacturing, freight and logistics.
Knowsley has six business parks employing 30,000 people.
- More than 50% of UK population are within a four hour drive time.